Field Mushrooms on toast with thyme & goats fetta
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 6 minutes
- Small bunch flat-leaf parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 medium field mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons picked thyme leaves (or dried)
- 4 thick slices sourdough bread
- Sea salt
- 60 g Soft goats fetta
- Peel & dust field mushrooms. Then roughly chop them, set aside.
- Finely slice garlic clove & stir fry in the oil and the butter.
- As soon as it becomes fragrant, add in the mushrooms. (Don’t let the butter burn the garlic or it will taste bitter).
- Let the mushrooms reduce once their juice comes out, until they go soft.
- Add in a decent pinch of sea salt and the thyme & parsley . Turn the gas to low just to keep them warm, and toast your bread.
- To serve, spoon the mushrooms on each piece of toast. Top the mushrooms with some soft goat’s feta and a little more roughly chopped parsley.