- Stale 2 day old sourdough heavy bread
- smoked tomatoes
- Liquid glucose
- sea salt flakes
- liliput capers
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Parsley chopped
- Take the crust off the stale bread.
- Cut croutons into rectangular slices very thin, transparent, the thinner the crouton without it breaking when eating the better. 15 ml wide by 70 ml long.
- Place croutons flat on a baking tray, brush generously with the olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Bake in a moderate oven 180 degrees for 10 minutes until golden.
- Puree tomatoes in a blender until completely smooth. Strain.
- Measure tomato puree and return to blender add exactly HALF the total volume of tomato puree in liquid glucose that has been softened in the microwave.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Once smooth place in an ice cream churner until frozen then store in freezer, allow to set a few hours before using.
- To Serve, place an Ortiz anchovy on each crouton, quenelle a teaspoon of the smoked tomato sorbet on each and sprinkle with capers and a drizzle of fruity Spanish style extra virgin olive oil and parsley, sprikle a little sea salt on sorbet.