This divine, decadent Almond Coffee and Chocolate tart from chef Pierrick Boyer has to be tasted to be believed. Our crew fell in love with it instantly. Get baking!
- Butter 260gm
- Salt 4gm
- Caster sugar 110gm
- Egg yolk 5 unit
- Almond meal 110gm
- Plain flour 240gm
- Combine room temperature butter with salt and sugar in a mixer with a paddle, or using your hands.
- Sift the flour and pour into the mixture.
- Then add the egg yolk last, combine and chill in the fridge for 1 hour. After an hour, you will be able to roll the tart with a rolling pin and press into your tart mould.
- Butter 40gm
- Caster sugar 40gm
- Almond meal 40gm
- 2 x Whole eggs
- Thickened cream 40gm
- Mix the room temperature butter with the caster sugar. When mixed, add the almond meal, then the eggs and cream
- Pour the almond cream on the raw tart casing, bake at 180*C for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Coffee chocolate ganache
- Whole milk 150ml
- Roasted coffee beans 20gm
- Milk chocolate 240gm
- Dark chocolate 50gm
- Boil the milk with the roasted coffee beans in it for 30 minutes to infuse the flavour of the coffee, then strain and boil again then pour onto the chopped chocolate.
- Stir with a spatula. When the ganache has cooled down, but is still liquid, pour onto the already-baked almond tart casing.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes and voila! You’re ready to eat it. The following finishing touches will make it even yummier.
- Mascarpone cheese 150gm
Whipped cream 150gm
Vanilla beans 1 unit
- Whisk the thicken cream to a soft peak, add the vanilla & mascarpone gently and reserve in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before use, to form a nice quenelle.
Simply place a large spoon of mascarpone cream on the sliced tart. Served with a Latte, this tart is sensational.Pin It