Hi chefmasterclasses.com, I’d like to share my ‘no-stir’ mushroom risotto recipe with you. Honestly, you wont go back to standing at the stove-top stirring ever again after this. Hope you enjoy it, Alison.
2 cups Arborio rice
4 x cups water
2 x chicken stock cubes
1 x onion
1 x clove garlic
1 x packet button mushrooms
1 x packet Swiss brown mushrooms/ any other kind
½ cup white wine
Parmesan cheese grated/ shaved
Fresh parsley, salt & pepper
How to make it….
- Toast rice in pan for 5 mins in 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil (NO MORE THAN THIS).
- Boil water & stock cubes (or pre-made stock) on stovetop and once simmering, and add to rice. DO NOT STIR AT THIS POINT.
- Place lid on, lower heat to medium, and LEAVE IT for exactly 13 mins.
- In another pan, fry garlic, onion in butter & olive oil
- Once sweated, add mushrooms & salt, pepper, and parsley
- At 13 minutes, add in the mushroom mixture, and the wine.
- Stir through cheese.
- Make simple side salad to serve, with shaved Parmesan on top.